Saturday, November 12, 2016

Io


Io


I found him there
drowned in the stars
Beyond Jupiter
Where breath is expended

An icebound cocoon
bound of coils and steel
Alone and dormant
craving rescue

I took him in
in silence he slept
among jetsam
ageless

Hesitating his revival
I carefully opened his tomb
A hibernation
peaceful and undisturbed

With trembling fingers
I cautiously carved the prison open
with each incision my heart raced
Supple beneath a metal glistening shell

Methodically peeled away each layer
Inserted life into his veins
with careful precision
Sterilization aligned

Love and adoration filled me
as the gift presented itself
His eyes opened
like petals softly falling

Succumbed to his grace
He was an elegant drifting gem
I found my long lost emperor,
suspended forever in space

No comments:

Post a Comment