Hi folks and welcome to my personal blog of introspection, creativity, and exploration.

Here you'll find many creations of mine including: comics, short stories, poems, diaries, posts about life, and the occasional post on indie game development.

I'm striving to stay on the creative path to heal and grow.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Shadow of My Dreams

I’m wandering
Following unlit trails
Jagged stones beneath me
Dark caverns above me
Creatures slithering around me

Where do I go?
Lost
Can’t find the center
Can’t find the exit
Head spinning
Forward, backwards
Frustration

A man
A shadow that has haunted me for years
Beckons me
he takes my hand and leads me toward a purple light
A gate
A dark forest awaiting beyond it’s iron spikes
Black but divine twisting trees
A sky filled with combusting stars

The shadow looks through me
A face darkened from my view
Mystery
Try to see who it is
What exists behind those eyes that have haunted me?
Do I know you?
An odd comfort
A phantom I’ve dreamt of for decades
Saw in my peripheral vision
Glimpses in reflections
Presence in the night
Deep embedding

Formless, he walks through the gate
I try to follow
The gate won’t open
Struggle
Panic
Want to leave
Darkness consuming me

Awake
Darkness
Feel him
Heavy breathing
A whisper in my ear
Such a familiar voice

“I’ve always been here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment