Hi folks and welcome to my personal blog of introspection, creativity, and exploration.

Here you'll find many creations of mine including: comics, short stories, poems, diaries, posts about life, and the occasional post on indie game development.

I'm striving to stay on the creative path to heal and grow.

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Baby


Baby, that’s just how it is
Try to dance upon the rose to find the prick and stain
and wonder why it hurts when you feel that sting
With bloody feet and tears that streak

Poised with your neck so high, with diamonds in your eyes
that’s just how it seems when the tide is high
It’s always easier when the waves subside
and the stars, oh baby, they shine

Oh keep that crinkle in your smile
Save it for a rainy day when sunshine comes your way
I’ll never lose that sparkle in my eye
Always cheer in my step, despite the coming tide

If you lose your lust for life
I hope you find it again, when your waves subside
Because dancing on dying roses is a crime
A crime to your heart as time slips by

Baby, that’s just how it is

No comments:

Post a Comment