Hi folks and welcome to my personal blog of introspection, creativity, and exploration.

Here you'll find many creations of mine including: comics, short stories, poems, diaries, posts about life, and the occasional post on indie game development.

I'm striving to stay on the creative path to heal and grow.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

What I Learned From Following My Heart


To my friends and lonely souls,
this lesson I now know

Never regret the call of your heart
or live in fear of the unknown

It forces you to grow
It breathes new life into your weary bones

The burden of proof
reveals the secrets hiding in shadow

Even if those you love could never understand
or meet you with such passionate force

Society will always present it's own version
of who it thinks we should be

A life less lived was my own shame
with regrets of what could have been

A mind of disproportionate value
to my heart and soul

But now, I love until my dying breath,
even those who come and go

Because I'll follow my heart 
to the very end

I will always grow


No comments:

Post a Comment