Hi folks and welcome to my personal blog of introspection, creativity, and exploration.

Here you'll find many creations of mine including: comics, short stories, poems, diaries, posts about life, and the occasional post on indie game development.

I'm striving to stay on the creative path to heal and grow.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

The Strength of the Human Heart 3

Artwork by Eduardo Recife

December 3rd

I saw it again. The thing that sits on my bed. Shadow. It felt like me, is it me? It was over me. Imagination or reality? I could see through it. The television illuminated it. Paralyzed me. Nightmares again. Insomnia.


I awake once more after a deep sleep
Memories breaking away from my body
Is this recovery complete?
A streak of light from above bursts me
I am yet again given more air to continue
A small wind of hope
My fingers are raw from these new designs
I solve them quickly, meticulously
Sometimes slowly
Why do you elude me?
Where are these answers I seek?
I’ve been here before
I’ve been in silence for so long inside me
I can see the sky above me through the window
No longer ignoring the sun
I can hear my shadow crying behind every wall
calling out to me
I rush but only find this emptiness
The darkness inside, I can feel it
It consumes me and yet consumes it
How do I free myself from this torment?
If I can solve just one more puzzle
Turn another corner
Go down another hall
The water on the stones from rain
I kiss each stone, I’m so thirsty for answers and recovery
The sound of my heart and breath is inside every stone
I just want to reach it
Escape this dreary flight
I will make it
I will find me

No comments:

Post a Comment